Find The Ally You Need With A Board-Certified Family Law Attorney
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Property Division
- Contract & Order Enforcement
- Premarital Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Family Law Appeals
Carrie Tortora grew up in Louisiana and earned a degree in accounting from Louisiana State University. After attending the UNC School of Law, she settled in Raleigh.
Carrie is a board-certified family law specialist with nearly fifteen years of experience as a divorce and family law attorney. After working in a boutique family law firm for many years, Carrie made the decision to launch Tortora Family Law because she is passionate about supporting people through some of the most stressful and difficult events in their lives.
Carrie’s background in accounting provides her a unique skill set to handle the financial issues involved in divorce, including valuing and dividing business interests and calculating support. She also clerked at the North Carolina Court of Appeals following law school, which experience provided her insight into the inner workings of the court system.
When Carrie is not practicing law, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Frank, and juggling the joy and chaos that comes with having three young children and one old beagle. She also enjoys traveling and learning about new places and cultures, and watching standup comedy.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Honors: With High Honors
- Louisiana State University
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Accounting
- North Carolina
- Member, North Carolina State Bar
- Board of Directors, Women’s Center of Wake County
- Clerked at the North Carolina Court of Appeals
Specialties and Certifications
- Board-Certified Family Law specialist with nearly fifteen years of experience as a Divorce and Family Law attorney